Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Cleopatra's Choice 100% Organic, Raw Shea Butter Review


DISCLAIMER: I have received one or more product(s) mentioned above to to try; however, all opinions are my own and honest, and are not influenced in any way.  I only recommend products I think are worth sharing with my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255. 


The holidays are right around the corner, and you know what that means: DIY time!  Even if its not for gifts, it seems like the DIY bath and skincare projects fill your Pinterest and newsfeed from now until January every year.  The most common are bath salts, lotion bars, chapsticks, and body butter, and I personally can't wait to tackle these with some new goodies I have this year: essential oils, organic coconut oil, and Cleopatra's Choice 100% Organic, Raw Shea Butter!

Last year, we made these adorable red and white layered peppermint essential oil bathsalts in milk glass jars, shimmery lotion bars, and rose petal bath bombs for family members and they were all a big hit.  We've run out of the raw shea butter since we use it regularly with our son's severe eczema, so I was excited to discover this new company and their wonderful product!  On this year's DIY checklist, we want to add more projects with shea butter since it was one of our most useful and favorite ingredients.



So, why use Shea Butter? Using Shea Butter has lots of benefits, including:


        - Helps prevent stretch marks due to pregnancy as well as after significant weight loss.

        - Deeply hydrates and moisturizes dry skin, or skin of all types

        - Reduces itching, irritation, and flakiness due to extremely dry patches of skin
        - Helps reduce skin peeling and irritation due to sunburn
        - Helps restore hair's shine and luster
        - Restores elasticity to the skin, and helps reduce the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
        - Excellent moisturizer for certain skin conditions like Eczema and Psoriasis
        - Reduces dryness and flakiness of scalp and hair
        - Helps reduce the symptoms of various skin rashes
        - Dramatically softens tough and cracked skin on hands and feet 



We received a 1lb tub to review, and it'll last us throughout the winter season.  I must make a confession: I adore the 'shea butter' fragranced lotions and bodycare items in stores.  I know they're filled with chemicals and the fragrances have little true ingredients in them, but I just love the smell.  The first thing I did when receiving the tub was take off the lid to take a big whiff.  Well, let's just say it wasn't what I was expecting! I was mortified. The 'Shea Butter' in stores I loved so much was all a lie. Like, a bigger lie than I was expecting because I already knew it was a lie. The 100% organic, raw, real shea butter sitting in front of me had a very subtle nutty smell.  A smell common in nature, because it was actually from there. Not that sweet, buttery, warm smell I was familiar with and expecting somewhat.  There was virtually no similarity between the two in terms of fragrance and that was a huge eye-opener!

Next, I dipped my fingers in to see what all the fuss was about.  Its very thick, but would make a beautifully creamy whipped body butter (Christmas gifts??) when paired with other ingredients.  Its a tad on the greasy side, but glides on smoothly and is absorbed quickly.  It reduces the discoloration on our son's legs from his skin problems, but I especially like that it softens the gashes and cracks throughout my hands from psoriasis.  My hands used to be rough and agitate our son's skin as I applied lotion for his own skin problems, but not anymore! Our prescription was always fairly greasy (and problematic when I wanted to open doors haha!) so his has become a nice replacement for the time being.  It doesn't heal the gashes and cracks, but it certainly makes them less inflamed, less abrasive, and less irritated.

A lot of the cheaper DIY items like coconut oil, essential oils, and shea or cocoa butter you can find in craft stores or Amazon are okay for simple skincare items (watch out though, many of the cheap ones will irritate skin with its artificial ingredients, fragrances, or fillers!!), but can't stand alone so to speak.  Its important to invest in the unadulterated, unrefined, highest purity, and no fillers products if you want to see ideal and beautiful results. :)

More about Cleopatra's Choice:

  • #1 RATED SHEA BUTTER ON THE MARKET! 100% Natural and Organic Pure Shea Butter – Made with Hand Selected Finest Nuts of the Shea Tree in Ghana. 1 POUND JAR – Packaged in a Resealable and Recyclable Container for Easy Access and Storage.
  • SHEA BUTTER BENEFITS: Raw Shea Butter has been proven to provide natural relief from symptoms of Very Dry Skin, Psoriasis Dryness and Eczema. Also very popular as a daily moisturizer. Excellent for Stretch Marks from Pregnancy or other reasons. Great to use as a tummy butter for expecting mothers.
  • HOW IT WORKS: Deep Daily Moisturizer for Skin & Hair – Contains Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin F – Does not clog pores – Highly Moisturizing and Long Lasting – Beneficial for Hair & Skin Health and Beauty.
  • THE COMPANY: Cleopatra’s Choice has been harvesting, importing and producing the finest Raw Shea Butter for over 6 Years. Unlike the recent newcomers to the market we are experts in what makes fine shea butter. Cleopatra’s Choice Shea Butter is Used by Top Skin Care DYI Experts for DYI Soap, DYI Lotions, Body Butter and More.
  • THE GUARANTEE: We are so confident that you will LOVE our Pure Shea Butter we stand by it with a 100% Unconditional Money Back Guarantee. If you don’t feel this is the BEST Shea Butter you have ever tried we will refund your money no questions asked.

You can purchase a 1lb tub of Cleopatra's Choice 100% organic and raw shea butter on Amazon for only $16!



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Liked this post? Be sure to VOTE FOR US on Top Mommy Blogs so we can bring you more great reviews, posts, and giveaways! All it takes it one click of the picture below, and you've voted! That's it! Thank you, The Buddy Doo Team
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. Do you wish you'd esthete They're rich in natural ingredients like moisturizing shea butter and avocado oil, invigorating peppermint and other essential oils.

    ReplyDelete